Awards & Honors
- Golden Apple Award – 2nd year in a row!!! Awarded by medical students for excellence in teaching
- Golden Apple Award – awarded by medical students for excellence in teaching
- Don Knickerbocker, MD – Clinical Teacher of the Year
- Tammy Bleeker – UF Superior Accomplishment Award
- Andrew Boulos, MD – Gold Humanism Chapman Society
- Safia Ilyas, MD – Gold Humanism Chapman Society
- Nancy Joseph, MD – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Maria Kelly, MD – Clerkship Director of the Year
- Diana Montoya-Williams, MD – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Onyeka Osakwe, MBBS – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Olivia Potter, DO – Gold Humanism Chapman Society
- Maneesha Tailor, MD – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Priya Tanna, MD – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Price Ward, MD – Gold Humanism Chapman Society
- Kae Watanabe, MD – Gold Humanism Society Resident Chapter
- Michelle Spencer, M.D. (Mentor Vini Vijayan, MD): Operation SuperBug!
- Amber Loyson, MD: Recipient of the American Academy of Pediatrics Anne E. Dyson Child Advocacy Award for her project on creating medical homes for NICU graduates.
- Diana Montoya-Fontalvo, M.D. (Mentor, Vini Vijayan, M.D.): Cocooning in High School
- Olivia Potter, D.O. (Mentor, Stephanie Ryan, M.D.): Gainesville LGBTQ Youth Group
- Nasim Moshtagh, M.D. (Bahareh Keith, M.D.): Staying Ahead of Asthma
- Christian Kegg, MD was awarded a CATCH grant from the AAP to implement a breastfeeding support group for minority women.
- Diana Montoya was awarded a CATCH grant from the AAP to implement a cocooning in high schools project.
- Nasim Moshtagh was awarded a CATCH grant from the AAP to improve asthma education and compliance.
- Olivia Potter was awarded a CATCH grant from the AAP to implement a Gainesville LGBTQ youth group.
- Phalyka Oum, MD.: Awarded the Reagan Fellowship 2012 with Operation Smile International
- Isa Ashoor was awarded the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology travel award in 2008 and the University of Miami School of Medicine Pediatric Nephrology Travel award in 2010.
- Ginny Kockler was awarded a 2010 CATCH grant from the AAP on smoking cessation for mothers of newborns.
- Alex Milloff was awarded a 2010 CATCH grant from the AAP on young adult cancer survivors in transition.
- Elizabeth Griffin was awarded a 2009 Children’s Miracle Network grant to create baseball cards for residents and faculty in order to improve familiarity for patients and families.
- Drew Galligan was awarded a 2009 Children’s Miracle Network grant to create an introductory video for patients and families admitted to Shands Children’s Hospital.
- Genie Kahn was awarded the Pediatrics Resident Teacher of the Year award from the College of Medicine in 2009 and 2010. She was also the recipient of the NASPGHAN Teaching and Tomorrow award in 2009.
- Valerie Ritter received a CATCH grant for fluoride varnish application in continuity clinic patients.
- Sara Slovin received a CATCH grant to implement a parental education program entitled, “Babies Don’t Come with Instructions: A parent’s guide to their newborn”
- Amanda Lueshen was awarded the Pediatric Hospital Medicine travel award in 2008.
- Michele Lossius and Kristen Eisenman received a CATCH Grant to implement a Fluoride Varnish Program for continuity clinic patients.
- Nathan Knutson received an AAP Grant investigating the effects of probiotic therapy on cells.
- Teresa Kurtz received an AAP Grant investigating fast-mediated neutrophil apoptosis in chronic lung disease in neonates.