Are you a UF Resident and want to do an outside rotation?
- Discuss your plans with your advisor and program director at UF.
- Complete the “External Short Term Hospital” form for a single resident.
- Or complete the “External Rotation Agreement” for multiple residents.
- Obtain from the Program Director at the external site
- a description of the goals and objectives of the rotation,
- a work schedule to include all call dates and
- an average number of pediatric patients you will be seeing and
- Approval of the program director/preceptor and the chief executive officer at the external site where you will be completing this rotation.
This program director/preceptor must agree to evaluate you at the end of your rotation and that evaluation must be sent to your UF program director and included in your personnel file at the end of this rotation.
- Once you have the above documents, submit the documents to the Pediatric Education office for approval. This office will obtain the approval of the Institutional Graduate Medical Education Office and the UF Contract Office. A completely executed copy is required prior to beginning an outside rotation. This means all signatures, from both institutions, must be executed and a copy in your program director’s possession prior to starting this rotation.
- If the institution you wish to rotate through replaces our contract with their own institutional contract, the exact same process as above must follow. Their contract with appropriate signatures has to be reviewed and signed by your program director and the Institutional Graduate Medical Education Office and the UF Contract Office.
- Please refer to the ACGME website for requirements on outside rotations.
Do you want to do a visiting rotation here as a resident?
Agreement for Rotation of an External Institution’s Resident /Subspecialty Resident at the University of Florida College of Medicine/Gainesville
- Complete the “Short Term Rotation at UF”. Application must be made 90 days prior to beginning the rotation in order to complete all required paperwork.
- Please obtain from your selected UF preceptor, a description of the rotation you wish to complete with stated goals and objectives, length of rotation and days of call required. Submit this description along with the contract (see above link) to your program director and institutional official at your institution.
- After receiving approval, submit this contract and description to the preceptor you have selected at UF for their signature. Then forward with above attachments to:
UF Pediatric Education
PO Box 100296
Gainesville, FL 32610-0296
for our program director’s approval. This office will also obtain the approval of our institutional GME office.
- Approval must be obtained in advance to allow for scheduling and to allow you time to complete a courtesy agreement/contract package with the University of Florida/Gainesville . You will receive this packet from the Pediatric Education Office once all approvals have been received. This will include the Unlicensed Physician Application to the Florida Board of Medicine. (There will be a Florida Board of Medicine fee to be paid by you.) The application and fee has to be submitted by our office to the Florida Board of Medicine at least 60 days in advance of beginning the rotation. We will forward this application, with your attached fee, to the board when you return all the above required paperwork. Our office address is:
Gainesville, Florida 32610-0296or you may fax it to 352-273-8593.
- The UF faculty member you have chosen to work with will send an approval letter to your program director and agree to evaluate you at the end of your rotation at the University of Florida. If your program has an evaluation form to be completed, please bring this form to the UF program director/preceptor for completion.
- Your institution may require your own institutional contract, the exact same process as above must follow. The contract has to be reviewed and signed by your program director, your institutional official, and forwarded to UF Pediatrics Education for processing.
- Refer to the ACGME website for the requirements for outside rotations.