If you are currently in medical school and would like information on a fourth-year elective in Pediatrics, please see our information at Fourth Year Medical Curriculum, review procedures for visiting students, and review our catalog.
We are thrilled to hear you are interested in joining us for a one-month visiting residency rotation. As a visiting resident, you have the same privileges and expectations as a UF Resident of your post-graduate training level. Scheduling your visiting rotation begins with independently seeking a faculty sponsor for the location (e.g., gastroenterology, endocrinology, etc.) and contacting Ashley Tibbs with specification of your request, including faculty sponsor name.
Once enrollment approval and certification of dates is completed by the Program Director, Division Chief, and Chief Residents, the following is needed to secure your placement:
- Rotation Agreement signed by Program Directors of both sites (provided by Ashley Tibbs)
- Letter of Good Standing from home Program Director
- Copy of Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- New Hire Demographics Form
- Biographical Form
- iReview Background Check
- Certificate of HIPAA Training Completion (Visitors)
- Signed UF Confidentiality Agreement
- Loyalty Oath and Intellectual Property Agreement
- NPI Number Verification
- OIG Search Verification
- Florida Medical Training License Verification (if you do not have a Florida Medical License, you must apply and attain one before your start date).
- Copy of Medical School Diploma
- Copy of Current Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
In addition to the following International Medical Graduates must also provide the following:
- Foreign National Tax Information (WINSTAR) Form
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate
- Copy of I-94 Stamped by US Customs
- Copy of J-1 Visa Stamped by US Customs
Mail the above to:
1600 SW Archer Road
PO Box 100296
Gainesville, FL 32610
Once these materials are provided in full to the University of Florida, please plan for 30-60 days of processing before rotation enrollment confirmation and additional information regarding EMR training and rotation-specific training is provided.
Please note that housing and housing assistance is NOT provided by the Department or its housestaff. It is the sole responsibility of the visiting resident to secure housing. In addition, the University of Florida is not responsible for any costs incurred during preparation, enactment, or upon leaving the University of Florida.