- Day Team residents will cover from 6 am to 6 pm
- Night float will cover from 6 pm to 6 am
- Interns and Senior Residents will have two weekends off throughout the month
- This is based on a rotating 24-hour shift every 4th night. Shifts are from 6 am to 6 pm for those not on call that day.
- Residents will work 3 weeks of day shifts from 6 am to 6 pm and one week of night shifts from 6 pm to 6 am.
ED and Admitting Resident Rotation
- ED Shifts are either 10 or 12 hours in length and are either 7 am to 7 pm or 7 pm to 7 am. ED shifts are 7 days a week.
- Each resident has a minimum of 10 hours between shifts.
- Most residents will complete 14-15 ED shifts over the 4-week rotation.
Acute Clinic and Pediatric After Hours
- Acute Clinic Shifts are from 8 am to Noon and/or 1 pm to 5 pm.
- Pediatric After Hours shifts are 6 pm to 10 pm Monday to Friday, 2 pm to 10 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 9 pm on Sunday.
- Residents will have a minimum of 10 hours off between shifts.
- Most residents will complete about 20 acute clinic shifts and 16 Pediatric After Hours Shifts
- If a resident is called in overnight, time spent in house will be recorded in the work hours log
- If significant time is spent in house overnight, the resident will be given the next day off
- Residents will be on backup call during their elective/outpatient months
- If a resident is called in for overnight coverage, he/she will be given the next day off
- New Innovations is used for logging work hours
- If records are not logged by the end of the week, the resident(s) will be personally contacted
- If work hours are violated the resident will be contacted by the Chief Resident
- Currently moonlighting opportunities include weekend shifts in the Pediatric After Hours clinic
- Any outside moonlighting opportunities must be reviewed individually by the residency program director