Welcome to the Department of Pediatrics. We hope you will enjoy your Newborn Nursery rotation and anticipate it will be a good educational experience for you. When you are in the nursery, you will have the same opportunities and responsibilities as our Pediatric residents. Here are a few guidelines and policies you will need to know:
- Report to the nursery at 8:00 am on the first of every month. Page the Chief Resident at beeper #877 330-5027 for a brief orientation. If the first is a holiday (ie. Labor Day or New Year’s Day) you are still expected to work and the resident in the nursery can orient you.
- No vacation may be taken during this rotation (which is no different from our policy for our own residents).
- Holidays – Our residents in the NBN are expected to work on holidays, and thus the same will be expected of you.
- Weekends – You will be expected to work 2 of the 4 weekends during the month. If this needs to be changed, please page the Chief Resident.
- Please evaluate this rotation upon completion. This enables us to improve the experience for FP residents in the future. Just as with our own residents, failure to fulfill the above expectations will result in an incomplete for the rotation.