Education and Child Care
Alachua Country Public Schools
Outstanding academic achievement and innovative, high quality educations programs are the hallmarks of Alachua County Publics Schools.
Alachua County Private Schools
There are over 30 private schools in Alachua County, FL serving over 4,000 students.
Florida Department of Children & Families
One of the most important decisions you will ever make as a parent is choosing quality child care for your child. Use this website to help you find child care providers in your area.
Baby Gator Child Development Centers offer high quality care to children ages six weeks to five years. Children grow and learn in a safe and healthy environment with a caring and attentive staff of well-trained early childhood educators.
Getting Registered in Gainesville
- For Sale By Owner
- SunTrust Mortgage (Note: Be sure to ask about physician-specific loans)
- Bank of America Mortgage (Note: Be sure to ask about physician-specific loans)
- Primary Care Physicians
- Lawn service
- Scenic Landscape Design (386) 462-2798
- Home service
- Pest control: Florida Pest Control
- Wallpapering: Brittany Rain of Rainovations
- Cleaning: Molly Maids
- AT&T (Telephone, cable, high-speed internet)
- Cox Communications (Cable, high-speed internet, digital telephone)
- Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) (Gas, electric, water, wastewater, high-speed internet)
- Refuse and recycling – City of Gainesville
- Refuse and recycling – Alachua County
- General discounts through Shands hospital (from restaurants to mortgages, to massages and more!)
- UF Recreational Sports
- Cingulair/ATT cell phones (Qualify once you have a UF Gatorlink email account)
- Nextel/Sprint cell phones
- Locate your post office
- Gainesville AAA (Maps, discounts for theme parks and movies)